This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Tracepoint support in Cygnus GDB ?
- From: Saravanan <pes at india dot hp dot com>
- To: Cygnus GDB <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:09:49 +0530
- Subject: Tracepoint support in Cygnus GDB ?
- Organization: TCS-HP
I was reading the GDB manual and realized that
there is,practically, no tracepoint support provided
by GDB since this support is available only for
remote targets and for the latter , GDB doesn't provide any
stub (like gdbserver) which has tracepoint support. I
have a few doubts in mind regarding this :
1. Why does GDB not provide this support for local
2. Is it not the case that the features (supposed to
be) provided by tracepoints can be done using
breakpoint features only (for instance , we can
specify COMMANDS for a breakpoint just as we can
specify ACTIONS for tracepoints) ?
3. Does tracepoint use the same TRAP (or ILLEGAL )
instruction mechanism for tracepoints as it does for
breakpoints? if not, what does it do?
4. Does this trace support available in any other GDB
supported by other vendors?