Re: 6.0 NEWS; tls tests on gdb-6?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:08:20 -0400, Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> said:

>> Anyways, that's what I meant.  As to what the NEWS file should say,
>> well... I'm not sure that referring to Bug 1322 is actually useful,
>> because it only had that particular manifestation for a couple of
>> months, and in particular no release of GDB had that bug.  You could
>> make my original statement a little more specific by saying "A
>> long-standing bug causing GDB to seg fault when loading a dynamic
>> library while debugging a Java program has been fixed."  That doesn't
>> read too well, though.

> Ok, I'll drop it then (easier).

Drop the mention of Bug 1322, or drop the whole thing?  I think it's
worth mentioning something about the situation: my understanding from
Tom Tromey is that it used to be almost impossible to use GDB to debug
Java, but now it's sometimes possible, which is a change worth
noting.  Your call, though.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com