This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [mi] What frame should -data-list-register-values be using?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 23:41:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: [mi] What frame should -data-list-register-values be using?
- References: <20030908200731.GA29849@nevyn.them.org>
Right now, both -data-list-register-values and -data-list-changed-registers
use deprecated_selected_frame. This is both wrong and segfault-prone.
The obvious thing to do would be to use get_selected_frame... but take a
look at mi_cmd_data_write_register_values. Completely undocumented, I might
add. It uses deprecated_write_register_bytes so it's actually blatting the
I think the intent is that it update the register of the selected frame
- Insight's register window tracks the selected frame and this would be
trying to mimic that.
Don't forget that until very recently not even the CLI could come close
getting this right - the required infrastructure was simply missing. I
suspect this is also why it wasn't documented or tested.