Re: macros/726: Internal GDB errors with current GDB snapshots and -gdwarf2-3

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 11:05:05PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > > Just as an aside, I'm wondering if it is time to consider switching
> > > to bugzilla.  I think bugzilla handles this issue a little better.
> >
> > I'd say, absolutely.  I've been meaning to ask Daniel B. about setting
> > one up for binutils too.
>
> binutils is easier than gdb, because binutils has nothing right now.
> Thus, there's nothing to convert :P.
>
> GDB has GNATS, and in order to keep the bug numbers the same, we'd have
> to set up a new install of bugzilla (since bugzilla bug ids are
> "globally" unique to a given bugzilla instance, rather than unique to a
> given product).

Yeah, at this point I guess we'd prefer to hold on to the PR ids.
We've documented some of them...

> Does GDB have any different gnats fields than gcc's gnats used to?
>
> If not, i can run the conversion script on the database, import the data
> into my test database on dberlin.org, and you guys could see what the
> converted db looks like (though i don't have inbound email handling set up
> on my machine).

I don't think it does.  Different things in the category lists et
cetera, of course.  But that's it.  Right now it's:

Reporter, CC, Number, Category, Synopsis, Confidential, Severity,
Priority, Responsible, State, Class, Submitter-Id, Arrival-Date,
Closed-Date, Last-Modified, Originator, Release, Organization,
Environment, Description, File Attachments, How-To-Repeat, Fix,
Release-Note, Unformatted, and the Audit Trail.

Usual caveats about how much some of those are worth.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz