This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Apple and gcc 2?
- From: Jim Ingham <jingham at apple dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:01:30 -0700
- Subject: Re: Apple and gcc 2?
- References: <200309192054.h8JKsfvL020287@duracef.shout.net>
On Sep 19, 2003, at 1:54 PM, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
jim> For obscure reasons some people who build Kernel Extensions still
jim> gcc 2.95, so it will still be provided with the next release of
jim> Developer tools. But we don't advise using it for anything else.
Okay. Does gdb work with Kernel Extensions?
(Obviously where I'm going with this is: figuring out when gdb
can drop support for gcc 2).
I can't really speak to this. I don't really know if/when we are going
to drop support for compiling kext's with 2.95.
Jim Ingham email@example.com