This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: vast numbers of unimplemented MI commands.
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Jim Ingham <jingham at apple dot com>
- Cc: Alain Magloire <alain at qnx dot com>, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:36:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: vast numbers of unimplemented MI commands.
- References: <200309191450.KAA18645@smtp.ott.qnx.com> <EC4106BC-EAC8-11D7-8584-000A958F4C44@apple.com>
For shared libraries we added the "future-break" command which will keep trying to set a breakpoint till it takes. We actually tried to submit that a while ago, but there was no consensus whether this should be a separate command, the default behavior of break, or what. We got distracted by some emergency, and this went no further.
That is simply not correct. Tom Tromy pointed out a problem with the
original change (that people would just use future-break) and Apple
never responded. Since then a proposal "fix break, not add
future-break" has been posted:
and even you agreed.