gdb GNATS database

Who is responsible for the bug database?  We were bit by PR:1291 and I
wouldn't mind taking ownership of it.  The patch included with the PR works
for gcc 3.x but not 2.95x.  We solved the problem for the 2 series gcc and
have generalized the patch to work with both compiler versions.

I'll be preparing a patch for the head branch over the next little bit but I
wanted to know if there was anything special to be done in relation to the
PR.

cheers,

Kris