This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gcc HEAD bad stabs (?)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:01:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: gcc HEAD bad stabs (?)
- References: <200309122224.h8CMOSkI027465@duracef.shout.net>
On Fri, Sep 12, 2003 at 06:24:28PM -0400, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
>cgf> "again"? When did it stop?
>Okay, "again" is not quite what I meant to say. I really meant:
>"once again, gcc HEAD has a new bug". I'm starting to expect 1-2
>of these per week.
>cgf> Things seem to be getting worse and worse.
>They are. I'm opening bugs against gcc HEAD faster than the gcc
>people are closing them. And I still have several regressions
>left over from the April-June period when I wasn't around.
>As far as I can see, the only feedback loop for gcc debug info
>changes is me running the test suite. Ideas for improving this
I think you're providing a valuable service. It's too bad that
generating correct debug info doesn't seem to be a sexy thing to
do, so it ends up getting worse and worse.
Hmm. Have you considered sending email with a subject like "The
continual degradation of stabs with gcc" or something like that?
I'd do it but then someone would ask for details...