This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: thread debugging problem
- From: Elena Zannoni <ezannoni at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Westin <andwes-8 at student dot luth dot se>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 13:22:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: thread debugging problem
- References: <3F60AC48.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andreas Westin writes:
> I'm trying to debug a multithreaded program in linux, but I'm not able
> to get any kind of thread info while running the program in gdb.
> I've tested with gdb 5.3, 5.3.91 and cvs from yesterday (10th) not any
> of them works.
> info thread shows nothing and the program stops with signal 32 when a
> new thread starts.
Hmmm, this usually indicates that there is no thread support
available. Maybe the version of the Kernel you are using has some
missing pieces. How about glibc-kernheaders?
Do you get a message at gdb startu saying something about using libthread_db?
> I'm using Trustix 2.0 with gcc 3.3 and glibc 2.3.2.
Not sure what Trustix is.
But those versions seem roughly ok.
Can you post a gdb session?
> Any help is appreciated.