This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Preliminary Patch - H8/300 - Normal Mode for GDB 6.0
- From: Michael Snyder <msnyder at redhat dot com>
- To: Shrinivas Atre <ShrinivasA at KPITCummins dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, kazu at cs dot umass dot edu, dvenkat at noida dot hcltech dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:54:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: Preliminary Patch - H8/300 - Normal Mode for GDB 6.0
- Organization: Red Hat, Inc.
- References: <69595093233BB547BB70CF5E492B63F201E2A745@sohm.kpit.com>
Shrinivas Atre wrote:
I have written following patches to GDB 6.0 to support Normal Mode targets for Renesas H8/300H and H8S chips.
However I am facing problem with these patches.
The problem is as follows.
When debugging (h8300-elf-gdb) normal mode programs with sim as target, the simulator does a SIGTRAP while running the program.
The program goes into the case
case O (O_SLEEP, SN): /* sleep */
in function sim_resume in file sim/h8300/compile.c and stops with SIGTRAP.
I cannot run the program in GDB.
However no problem occurs when the program is run on the simulator (h8300-elf-run) outside the gdb. i.e. $ h8300-elf-run a.out
This runs very well.
Can someone guide me what is missing in these patches ?
Similar patch works well with GDB 5.3.
Hmm, I'll try to arrange some time to look at it
(but Kazu and Venkat should feel free to jump in too).