This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB and opcodes
- From: Doug Evans <dje at transmeta dot com>
- To: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 16:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: GDB and opcodes
- References: <3F567BCE.email@example.com>
Andrew Cagney writes:
> - access to the assembler?
> GDB would like to support a mechanism like:
> (gdb) assemble 0x1000
> > move r1, r2
> > store r2, foo
> > end
Way back when I posted a patch to the internal Cygnus gdb list
that implemented a basic form of this for cgen-based assemblers.
Should be straightforward to recreate.
[or if the archives are still around, grep for assemble.c or
assembler.c in the 1996-98 timeframe]