This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: pa-risc 1.1 and breakpoint
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: Lev Assinovsky <LAssinovsky at algorithm dot aelita dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:50:43 -0400
- Subject: Re: pa-risc 1.1 and breakpoint
- References: <3F6F4712B759A34ABD453A8B39C10D62C46A73@bagman.edm.com>
Sometimes I need to insert breakpoint right in my gcc program code.
For Solaris x86 I use __asm__( "int $3" );
When I run the program with gdb it stops and I can debug and continue of course.
I tried __asm__( "break 4,8" ) for pa-risc 1.1 but unsuccessfully.
gdb stops but can't continue.
What must be the right instruction sequence for pa-risc 1.1?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I don't know that this is supported. However, you could investigate