This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[toplevel] Gas install name problem from autoconf 2.5x
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 00:10:31 -0400
- Subject: [toplevel] Gas install name problem from autoconf 2.5x
I've gotten a report that gas now installs after a native build as
$(target_alias)-as. This is presumably the one consequence of autoconf
2.5x's "specify absolutely nothing on the command line unless absolutely
I see two basic choices:
- Override AC_CANONICAL_TARGET.
- Always pass down --program-transform-name from the top level.
I think the latter is the way to go. Any other opinions?
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer