Re: remote TCP gdb with MinGW

You should probably send this question to the mingw list. As you note, they modified that GDB so that it doesn't support TCP.

(That is also a very old GDB.)

Andrew

I am trying to build GDB 5.1 over Mingw/x86/Win2K with --target=arm-linux
I have downloaded the gdb-5.1.1 source from sourceforge and successfully
built it but this built doesn't support remote TCP debugging due to mingw
patches already applied on this downloaded.

Whenever I try 'target remote target-IP:port" over the new GDB, it says "No
such file or directory" I have a gdbserver running on remote target i.e.
arm-linux

So currently I am trying to figure out all the files and fixes in gdb/
directory which are to modified if I have to add the support for remote
debugging on this MinGW environment for target=arm-linux.

Can anyone help me in moving ahead with this approach...?
Has anyone done some work on this ..?

I sthere any sort of patch or documentation....?

Any guidance would be highly appreciated...

Thanks and regards
Vijay