Re: gdb and LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Look at the gdb commands 'set solib-search-path' and 'set
solib-absolute-prefix' and consider putting them into your .gdbinit.  Wisdom
and enlightenment should arrive.  Hilarity should ensue.  More news at
eleven.

cheers,

Kris

ps. GDB's mechanism for using LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not entirely intuitive but
it's most likely just that it always finds your library first based on
information provided by ldd.  Don't rely on LD_LIBRARY_PATH for gdb.