Re: Signal 4 from h8300-hms-run

Hi Michael,

> > While playing with the mainline of gdb, I noticed that h8300-hms-run
> > does not seem to simulate the following.
> >
> > 	.h8300h
> > 	.section .rodata
> > 	.align 2
> > .L9:
> > 	.long	1234
> > 	.align 1
> > 	.global _main
> > _main:
> > 	sub.l	er0,er0
> > 	mov.l	@(.L9,er0),er0
> > 	sub.l	er0,er0
> > 	rts
> > 	.end
> >
> > The expected output is nothing, but h8300-hms-run says
> >
> >   program stopped with signal 4.
> >
> > If I change @(.L9,er0) to @.L9, I don't get the error any more.  I am
> > currently getting a lot of failures in gcc testsuite, and I am
> > wondering if they all come from the same reason.  I haven't figures
> > out how this happens or which patch is causing this.  The problem
> > occurs with or without
> >
> >   http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-07/msg00053.html
>
> Hmmm... There's a subtle difference between constants that are
> allowed to be symbols, and constants that aren't.  But if it
> assembles, it should run.
>
> Can you check to see if the assembler output is correct?

OK.  I tried two versions of binutils, 2003-06-25 15:00GMT and
2003-06-25 16:00GMT.  They generate different output.  Specifically,
the former translates "mov.l @..." into "mov.w @(.L9,er0),er0",
whereas the latter correctly translates.  I confirmed that the binary
of the latter is correct.  Feeding this binary into gdb at "2003-06-25
16:00GMT" fails, so the issue seems to be on the simulator side.

Kazu Hirata