Re: Frame handling

Question - reading through this again I think the goal of call these
functions is to work with the current frame and the function get passed the
child frame so they can do a backtrace if it hasn't already been done... why
not call a function to do a 1 level backtrace and then eliminate the
next_frame parameter? It would recduce confusion and most ports will have an
internal unwind function anyway.

Question - reading through this again I think the goal of call these
functions is to work with the current frame and the function get passed the
child frame so they can do a backtrace if it hasn't already been done... why
not call a function to do a 1 level backtrace and then eliminate the
next_frame parameter? It would recduce confusion and most ports will have an
internal unwind function anyway.

I'm not sure I understand the question.

I agree, and I don't think it will make much difference eitehr way, however
I was just thinking that it would be a whole lot easier to explain these
functions...

Um, this is still dangling. Can you please express your question using terminology consistent with the frame unwind code.

Andrew