Re: Emacs section of Gdb Manual

 > > However, if the GDB's Emacs section is good enough, chances are the
 > > Emacs manual will omit it altogether, and instead point to the GDB
 > > manual.

I think the Emacs manual will need to keep its own section because some
the description is generic: gud-next, gud-break etc are commands that apply
to debuggers other than GDB.

 > I'm guessing, based on nick's post, that EMACS has grown an IDE and the
 > IDE section is including the basics of GDB from EMACS.

For the moment, I'm only proposing very conservative changes to the GDB
documentation to reflect the status of the current release of Emacs (21.3).
The changes that I have made to the way Emacs interacts with GDB are still
in CVS so I will not mention them.

Nick