Re: register_type method

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 03:27:00PM -0700, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What builtin type should the *_register_type method return for the PC?
>
> I would think that it it should be builtin_type_void_func_ptr like the d10v
> does, but when I use that for the avr, I only get 2 bytes for the PC
> register size and I need 4 bytes. Using builtin_type_uint32 works but just
> doesn't feel right.
>
> I also tried using builtin_type_CORE_ADDR and that seemed to work as well as
> builtin_type_uint32.
>
> Here's my avr_register_type method I'm currently playing with:

I've only been mostly-following previous discussions of the AVR, but -
why do you need a different number of bytes for a void (*)() than you
do for the PC?  It seems to me that the PC should always be converted
(is this still POINTER_TO_ADDRESS?) in the same way a void (*)() would
be.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz