Re: FP aliases

Well, the trick is that tic4x-gcc assigns ar3 as an fp register (at all times),

What of -fomit-frame-pointer? GDB's past mistake was to assume, as your suggesting, that $fp is always a hard register. Unfortunatly, GCC eventually got better ideas (and eliminated that assumption) causing GDB to fall apart.

> you wind up stuck in the middle here. You have an FP-like register, yet it's not named FP.

But I've rough-ported the d10v unwind mechanisms to the tic4x port, and it seems like I am able to work it out without the fp register.

Yes, GDB's FP isn't a real register.

Andrew