gdb tty command in cygwin

Hi,

The gdb that comes with cygwin does not seem to honor the tty command.
It never writes to the tty I give it.

I know that tty's in cygwin do work.
I know this because if I open a tty and write to it from one process,
I can read from it with another process.
( I did this with a small application I wrote. )

Is there a known bug in gdb where it doesn't honor the tty command in
cygwin?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi