[HEADS UP] Merging i386newframe into mailine

Folks,

Now that Elena en Michal have tested my i386newframe branch on amd64,
and found it to be in a much better state than mainline, I think I can
seriously consider bringing the new stuff over to mainline.

This will give us:

* Improvements to the prologue analyzer.
* Support for DWARF CFI on i386.

At the cost of:

* Possibly breaking a few unmaintained i386 targets.
* Possibly introducing bugs due to the DWARF CFI code.
* Possibly exposing bugs lurking in the new frame unwinder code.

This might lead to a delay in the GDB 6 release, or might force us to
make a bugfix release pretty soon after the initial 6.0 release.

I think it's worth running these risks, especially since recent
devlopments on Linux/i386 demand DWARF CFI support on the i386.
Therefore I'll do the merge from next Thursday onwards, unless someone
objects.

Mark