Re: Deprecate dwarf and mdebug support, delete nlm?

Andrew Cagney writes:
 > Deprecate dwarf and mdebug support, delete nlm?
 > .
 > .

deprecate Dwarf1

Not yet for mdebug, maybe mention something about it being queued for
deprecation in the NEWS/TODO file for the next release?

If True64 uses mdebug, I might have access to a machine. Damd!

nlm... you mean nlmread.c or nlm/* ?

`yes' (I was actually thinking of nlmread.c, but hey why not nlm/* as well ...).

google threw up a few things:
http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/fpcnw/gdbnw.html (seems active, uses 5.3).
http://www.herdsoft.com/ti/netware/cross/4_Debugging.html
There is a gdb wrapper program now that translated netware remote
protocol into gdb remote protocol and vice versa. So they are not
using NLM gdbserver anymore because that supports older versins of
netware only.

Ok, so nlm/ is a candidate (but it isn't hurting anyone, and the alternative is written in FreePascal :-). The reader, though, appears to be stuck-in-the-mud (like DWARF).

Andrew