problems cross-compiling gcc + uClibc + gdb

Hi,

on an i386 linux system, I've cross-compiled gcc and newlib as follows:

../gcc-3.2.2/configure --prefix=/home/brdsutte/embedded/build-gcc --enable-target-optspace --with-newlib --target=arm-elf
gmake all install

Then, I've build uClibc with CROSS=arm-elf- as follows:

make KERNEL_SOURCE=/home/brdsutte/embedded/linux TARGET_ARCH=arm

the linux kernel I used for that compilation (i.e. who's headers are
used during the compilation of uClibc) was a standard linux 2.4.19,
patched with patch-2.4.19-rmk7 for the arm, and then configured for
arm-integrator

I then compiled gdb as follows:

../gdb+dejagnu-20030417/configure --prefix=/home/brdsutte/embedded/build-gdb --target=arm-elf
gmake all install

When I run a hello world program that I compiled with arm-elf-gcc using
arm-elf-gdb, everything works all right, but when I compile the same
program with arm-uclibc-gcc, trying to run the program results in the
following:

[brdsutte at elrond vb]$ arm-linux-run b.out
sim: unknown SWI encountered - 900036 - ignoring

One of the differences between the two version of the programs is that
the newlib version only contains system calls swi 0x00123456, while
the uClibc version contains system calls such as swi 0x00900001

Is there a way to have gdb handle these system calls, or do I need to
change the way system calls are implemented in uClibc?

I am not on this mailing list, so please respond to my emailaddress as
well.

Thanks in advance,

Bjorn De Sutter
  Postdoctoral Fellow of the Fund for Scientific Research -- Flanders
  affiliated with Ghent University, currently at IBM TJ Watson Research Lab
  brdsutte at elis dot ugent dot be               http://www.elis.ugent.be/~brdsutte/