Re: breakpoint commands and finish

Daniel Jacobowitz writes:
 > The macro facility isn't, but a command could be added to do this
 > without much trouble.

For my own education, what's missing?

 > I would rather us discuss the semantics of
 > commands lists containing commands which resume the inferior.  There
 > must be a more user-useful way to approach it than we do now.

What if you allowed multiple "resume" commands in the "top level"
breakpoint only, and allowed "nested" breakpoints only if they
either stopped execution (in which case execution stops) or if
the only "resume" they did was a tail-call-like continue.
If a nested breakpoint's command list does a resumption with a
non-tail-continue, execution stops.