Re: breakpoint commands and finish

> fwiw, over time one hopes documentation gets larger and larger.
> This has the consequence of reducing the signal/noise ratio of
> "RTFM" more and more.

Generally speaking, I can only agree with you. One of the nice things
about GDB is that the maintainers take the documentation very seriously
and any new feature is documented.

However, in this particular case, I think that it was very easy to find
the information. The person was asking what the behavior of a "commands"
should be: the answer to his question is right there in the section
documenting the commands lists.

> It'd be nice if people got in the habit of specifying where exactly
> in the documentation to look.  e.g.

I disagree, unless the information is buried somewhere not obvious.
One very important lesson I learnt at university is how to find the
information myself. In this particular cases, all you have to do is
check the index, click on the name of the command you are interested
in "commands" in that case, and voila! The answer is right there.
I believe that actually letting people search themselves the location
of the information they are looking for is helpful.

(BTW: I did give the answer to the question when it was asked a few days ago)

--
Joel