gdbserver implementation

I'm thinking about doing some work on making gdbserver work on QNX Neutrino.
I'd love to RTFM on how to do that but so far I'm not finding it.  Is there
an FM or do I have to RTFC?

I already have gdb running on Neutrino using our procfs interface so I
suspect that a large part of the work has been done for me there.  I had
this fantasy that gdbserver would just use the native files for a target and
take what functionality it needed from there but that doesn't seem to be the
case.  I guess the dependencies would make it too big that way.

Perhaps someone can share some advice, point to a link or at least suggest
which header to look at first?

TIA

Kris