Re: Getting all breakable lines from gdb

> Would it be possible to add a command to the MI interface that would
> return a list of all possible line numbers in a file that the user could
> set a breakpoint at?

We suggested a new command that gives you a little bit more than just
the breakable lines, and Thierry Schneider implemented it. Nobody
reviewed the change yet because Thierry is waiting for his copyright
assignment application to be accepted (last I talked to him, he said
that he had received the paperwork, and sent it back).

See: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-03/msg00000.html
And then: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-03/msg00208.html
for a suggested patch.

The PC addresses are useful for GVD, because they use this information
to display the assembly window.

I was thinking that the next improvement to this command would be to
add switches like: -l -> line only, -p -> pc only, -sl/-el -> start
or end at line, -sp/-ep -> start or end at pc, etc...

--
Joel