Re: ser-tcp ser-unix question

Quoting Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>:

> > When i've made this , what should I do to build the gnu tools with the new
>
> > file? I've tried to add ser-sim.c to configure.in (which is my file) in the
>
> > line : SER_HARDWIRE = " ser-tcp.o ser-unix.o ser-pipe.o" , but eventhough I
>
> > wrote SER_HARDWIRE = " ser-tcp.o ser-unix.o ser-pipe.o ser-sim.o",and then
>
> > runned configure the makefile remains unaltered at this point(ser-sim.o ,
> > nowhere, the other yes). What I'm doing wrong? These ser-* files seems a
> > little bit strange to me, because they're not included in any other file,
> so I
> > thought that the only relation with the rest of gnu comes by the configure
>
> > file.
>
> That should be all you need.  Perhaphs you need an _initialize_ser_xxx()
> function to force linking of the file?

Thanks for your help & support!!
I've made this , and I have just one more problem that is:

I've made a new ser-sim.c file, actually It seems like ser-pipe.c but with
empty functions for open/close and a _initialize.... function which is a copy
from _initialize_ser_pipe() but that use the new empty sim_open() and
sim_close.
I've made the gdb to obtain a ser-sim.o file.
I've changed the configure.in file to add this file where the other ser-**
are. I ran configure , and I've obtained no ser-sim.o entry in the Makefile,
where the other ser-*.o are. Not yet in init.c.
But, when I've changed manually Makefile and added the ser-sim.o file where
the other files are, I've got the desired init.c file , with the
_initialize_ser_sim() function in its code.

What should I do to make this clean from configure??

Thanks for the form!  I'll fill it
Best regards, Miguel.