Re: 8-byte register values on a 32-bit machine

   Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 14:57:15 -0600
   From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net>

   The heinous part is that gdb *knows* it is pulling some register
   value out of its ass for p1.y.  I understand that on some targets,
   gcc and gdb might agree on register number allocation (ignore for
   the moment that there are other compilers besides gcc).  Okay, for
   targets where we have a guarantee about that, then enable
   sequential register access.  But i686-pc-linux-gnu is definitely
   not such a target.

I don't agree with the defenitely here.  GCC has been allocating the
registers in a well determined order for at least 10 years now.

Mark