Can I get read access to /cvs/gdbadmin?

I'm looking at pr gdb/708, which says that the snapshot tarballs
do not build.  The problem is still happening, with both the
branch and HEAD tarballs.

I'm trying to cvs checkout the gdbadmin scripts so I can debug the
snapshot script, per the instructions near the bottom of:

  http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/

Namely:

  # this works fine
  $ cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/gdbadmin login

  # this fails ...
  $ cvs -z9 -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/gdbadmin co .
  cvs server: Updating .
  cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvs/gdbadmin' (/cvs/gdbadmin/#cvs.lock): Permission denied
  cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/gdbadmin'
  cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

I get the same problem with -d :ext:MYNAME at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/gdbadmin.

Is this some kind of permission problem on the sware side?
Or do I need to apply for separate permission to read gdbadmin?

Help please,

Michael C