Re: target z8k-coff

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just tried to build current cvs version for above target and I noticed
> > it has been obsoleted.
>
> Do you have an FSF assignment?

Not for gdb. I will make the assignment.

>   The code needs to be completly
> rewritten to current standards.  Since it is obsolete, the rewrite is
> considered a new port (submit new files, not diffs).  The acceptance
> criteria for a new port are:
>
> - meet GDB's coding standards

Ok, I think I got this.

> - pure multi-arch

I found http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/papers/multi-arch/ and
http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdbint_9.html#SEC79
describing multi-arch. Is there something else I should read?

> - contain no deprecated code

You're referring to the current z8k-tdep.c? I will remove the deprecated
code there.

> (I'm sure there is something else but I can't remember it)

I probably will notice when it's time...  :-)

regards,
chris