Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

With my modest experience on the GDB project, and without any experience
on any other GNU project like this, it's difficult to make any
recommendation. My feeling is that we could try relaxing a bit the
rules, and allow global maintainers to approves changes if the
associated maintainer is unable to review them in say, a few (couple?)
of weeks.

Fernando does this already. He also sends out e-mail saying he is off line for a bit (he is down the hall from me which is an advantage). Other maintainers do not, sigh! More of a concern is that repeated pings often result in radio silence.

I don't think having a global maintainer step in after N weeks will really help. It just butters over what may be a more serious underlying problem.

Andrew