Remote breakpoint problem

Hi,

I am porting gdb to a new target processor were remote debugging is used. I have a problem with breakpoints. When I place a breakpoint on foo followed by a continue I see the following communication between gdb and the stub on the other side:

- the instruction at foo is saved
- foo is replaced by a breakpoint instruction
- gdb sends a continue command
- the stub reports the breakpoint hit (signal = 5, pc = foo)
- gdb replaces the code at foo with the saved instruction
- gdb sends a step instruction command
- tbe stub reports again a breakpoint hit at foo (signal = 5, pc = foo)
- gdb sends a continue command immediatly

So a breakpoint is detected and communicated to gdb but gdb lets the application continue immediately without giving control to the gdb user. Does anyone know what is wrong?

I have used breakpoint_from_pc function to supply the breakpoint code.

Thanks,
Jan