Adding file to gdb

this Email?

If I am going to submit a patch that adds a single file to gdb, do I
need to submit a patch of the Makefile changes also? Or will the
maintainer automatically fix the Makefile.am and configure code to do
this?

To be explicit, the file I added is src/gdb/mi/mi-cmd-file.c
The Makefile I edited was src/gdb/Makefile

The other files I modified are,
   src/gdb/mi/ChangeLog     -> Describing change
   src/gdb/mi/gdbmi.texinfo -> Documenting change
   src/gdb/mi/mi-cmds.c     -> Added -file-list-exec-source-file
                            -> displays current line and absolute path
                            -> to file
   src/gdb/mi/mi-cmds.h      -> adds prototype of new mi function

Is this all I need to do? Or is there something else I should do
before I submit the patch?

Also, Should I do the context diff from src/ using 'cvs diff -c' ?

Thanks for your help,
Bobby