Re: regcache (Re: GDB respin)

What's the difference between cooked and non-cooked function? As far as I noticed, i386 target doesn't use cooked functions at all...
Mumble something about long overdue documentation :-(

Cooked ~= user visible / ABI
Raw ~= underlying h/w / physical / ISA registers.

How do I store/read for example a long double, that is passed in two X87 registers? With regbuf it's stored in a place for FP0 and FP0+8 in registers array. Will it come to a single slot of a regcache now?
Er, I thought the x87 FP registers were 12 bytes? Anyway, if the value really is split across two FP registers then use two separate regcache writes.

Andrew