Re: patching gdb, adding files for certain combinations of host/target

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 12:00:50AM +0100, Torsten Mohr wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> at the moment i look at how to patch gdb and add
> certain files for special combinations of
> host/target.
>
> For example, i'd like to add some files if the host
> is a linux system and the target machine is an ARM
> machine.
>
> In gdb/config/arm there are several *.mt and *.mh
> files, it seems i can only add files for a target
> OR a host, right?
>
> How can i add files ONLY for a certain combination?

Right now there's no obvious way, but I'm sure it could be managed if
it was needed.  Let me ask a different question: why do you want to do
this?  A design goal for GDB is that it shouldn't matter what your host
is.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz