Re: GDB build fails on DEC OSF V5.1a but not OSF V4.0f

Joel Brobecker wrote:

> > gcc-3.2.1 with a basic hellow world (though any test program works the
> > same
> [...]
> > gdb testit
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have a gcc-3.2 on our Tru64 machine, so I won't
> be able to help you. I remember that we had a problem with the debugger
> when we built the same sources using our work-in-progress gcc-3.2-based
> version of GNAT, but the symptoms where different.
>
> (you forgot to tell which version of GDB you were using, BTW. And also
> the commands you used to build it. I assume "configure; make;", but it
> would be nice to confirm it).
>
> --
> Joel

gdb-5.3 but gdb-5.2.1 and gdb-5.2 had the same symptoms

configure --prefix=/usr/local/GNU --enable-shared --enable-static
--enable-bfd-64-bit as well as a specific set of settings for
tcl-libraries, tcl-includes, tk-libraries and tk-includes

However, I also tested with a basic

configure --prefix=/usr/local/GNU

as well to make sure that it was not the settings

I used gmake (GNU make) explicitly.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water.

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz
sabbahem@bcpl.net, Sabba.Hillel@verizon.net