Re: Trunk build problems

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 12:36:08PM -0800, Nick Kelsey wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I think its time for a gripe as the trunk has been going downhill rapidly
> over the last week or so.
>
> <gripe>
>
> Things I have noticed over the last week:
>
> - Configure in src doesn't do any sub directories any more (linux or
> cygwin).

They will be configured when you run make.  This is not a problem.  If
they aren't being, then it is a problem.

> - Under cygwin, libtermcap attempts to be build (which doesn't exist). This
> causes a circular make problem as it can't change into the directory so does
> a make in src again.

Don't know about this one.  Sounds like there's an incorrect dependency
somewhere.

> - If you do an incremental make in src it reconfigures a number of
> directories *every time* (both linux and cygwin).

This is a problem.  I sent Nathanael mail about it yesterday, again.

> - Readline doesn't link under cygwin.
>
> My snapshot from about 2 weeks ago works fine - these are all new problems.
>
> I am interested if these are known problems and under active investigation.

The last one must be new with the 4.3 merge...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz