Re: Namespaces with gcc v3 stabs+?

David Carlton wrote:

On Fri, 6 Dec 2002 15:05:54 -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec@shout.net> said:

Thanks for the list.  And Darwin apparently supports DWARF 2.  I'm not
suprised Cygwin is a sticky one, though, now that you mention it.

Actually, Darwin doesn't either - I turned it on at one point for
experimentation, but the assembler chokes bigtime.

It seems to me that, for now, it wouldn't be a great idea to convince
GCC to generate a fancy version of stabs, then, until somebody appears
who's particularly motivated to deal with the issues that arise.  So I
agree with your planned course of action.

Apple might need to do this.  Dwarf 2 is probably in our future, but
it may be a while, because we can't transition until it's more efficient
to use than stabs.

Stan