Re: (toplevel patch) Real targets for make.

> Is it possible/planned/impossible to move the changes to Cygnus
> configure to binutils and gdb as well (and then possibly even
> autoconfiscate them at the same time, dumping Cygnus configure at
> last)?

It will happen.  That patch is coming soon; most of the current
patches are to prepare for that step.

The only reason it hasn't happened in src yet is because it's being
done on a branch in gcc.  If we don't mind unsync'ing src and gcc for
a while, we could start introducing the changes in src now.

> This would introduce the autogen dependency on binutils and gdb as
> well...

Autogen is never run automatically, so this should not be a problem.
Only maintainers who edit the toplevel Makefile need to run autogen.