Re: [5.3] Alpha and that mdebug problem?

Has anyone tried using the 5.3 branch of GDB on an alpha? Bug reports, such as:
http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=edit&database=gdb&pr=676
keep comming back to haunt poor GDB. You'll note that they reproduced the problem with a current GDB.

This PR looks related to the problem I briefly described in:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00187.html

There were 2 answers. Yours:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00212.html

which told me which change probably made my internal-error "go away".

There was also Elena's:
  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2002-11/msg00257.html
to which I haven't had time to answer, unfortunately (but this is
still on my list).

I my opinion, we will never completely get rid of these internal errors
as long as we coalesce several storage classes into the same category.
There may be some ways to hide them, but I think this would be at the
cost of sometimes malfunctioning (ie providing wrong results).  This is
something that I'd like to have a look at, eventually, but I want to
complete the HP/UX multiarching conversion first...
Ok, I've droped that bug back to medium and added an additional note.

thank!
Andrew