Re: Proposed enhancement to RDA, the remote debug agent

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 11:10:19AM -0800, Michael Snyder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for feedback, mostly on my infrastructure approach for
> the following addition to RDA.  In one sentence, I'm going to add
> introspect support.

[Seconded that RDA probably merits its own list.]

> The diff below probably won't apply cleanly, but will convey the
> sense of my proposed first-step.
>
> Basically, I'll add a new subdirectory rda/introspect, and tweak
> the top-level rda makefile and configure to include it.  I'll make
> the top-level remote protocol parser recognize the 'Q' and 'q' msgs
> that implement introspect, and have it call functions that do all
> the work.  Then I'll implement two separate libraries in the
> introspect directory -- one that simply provides empty stubs to
> satisfy those calls (for targets that don't implement introspect),
> and a second that actually implements introspect.
>
> The first check-in will include only the dummy library.
>
> Anybody suggest any improvements to this approach?

Sounds reasonable to me.  I look forward to seeing the rest of the
code... doing something similar to gdbserver is (of course) on my list.
As they continue to evolve in the same direction...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz