Re: Adding a target at build?

Hello Gurus :-)

Is this understood correctly? :

When I build the GDB I need to specify a target and a host. The host being the PC I use to run the GDB and the target being the target I wish to debug remotely?.

If it is :

Suppose I wish to use a TIC54x target which is supported by the GDB (Me think) - What do I need to do to make this my target at build time?.
As far as I know, no one has implemented a TIC54x target for GDB.
(if it was implemented, it would be configured using something like: --target=--target=tic54x).

If you're interested in adding tic54x support to GDB, then have a look at the xstormy16 and cris targets. (You'll also want to arrange an FSF copyright assignment so that your work can be included in the official GDB).

When this is setup, and the GDB's host is different from it's target, does it expect to debug remotely? - Obviously it can't run it on host, because the code is target specific?
Either remotely, or with a built-in simulator.

Am I way off here?.
nope :-)

Andrew