Re: [RFC] File-I/O, target access to host file system via gdb , remote protocol enhancement

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> this RFC tries to introduce a remote protocol enhancement, which
> already has been implemented at Red Hat.  The idea is to allow
> the remote target (which likely has no own file system at all)
> to access the host file system to store and retrieve data from
> a gdb session, as if the hosts filesystem is local to the target.

I think you will eventually want `dup' and `dup2' primitives in addition
to what you described.

I'm also wondering why do you need `stat' in addition to `fstat'.

Other than that, sounds like a very good idea to me.