Re: struct environment

Well, sort of.  It won't be a DAG necessarily (I think that mutual
>"using" statements are legal in C++; I remember a GCC bug involving
>them was fixed not long ago), and it will be somewhat complicated
>figuring out which ones to look up (namespace links are different than
>block scope links).

Don't forget that GDB doesn't need to model the language. Just the namespace behavior at a given PC. The effect of "using" would be to just grow a nametab in someway.

This is legal C++:

namespace D {}

namespace C { using namespace D;
int x, y;
}

namespace D {
using namespace C;
int x, z;
}

If using just grew a nametab we'd get into a great deal of trouble.
Depends on how you grow it :-) Something like (assuming a real language :-):
D:
0: x, z
1: x, y (from C)
2: ...