Weird problem

We are using GDB 5.0 talking through a socket to a hardware board.
If I start and stop GDB ~18 times, it will freeze up.  It looks as if
the hardware board running gdb server is sending the correct packet
to the correct file descriptor but for some reason, GDB will stop in
wait_for() in select and just stay there.  The packet is so close, its
tantalizing. This is on Redhat 7.2 SMP machine.  Anyone ever see
select confusion on Redhat 7.2?

Thanks a bunch!
Tim
Tim.Combs@motorola.com