Re: Issue an internal warning on first deprecated function call

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:50:07 -0400
From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@ges.redhat.com>

(gdb) maint internal-error
/home/scratch/GDB/src/gdb/maint.c:121: gdb-internal-error: internal maintenance
An internal GDB error was detected. This may make further
debugging unreliable. Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n

Create a core file containing the current state of GDB? (y or n) n
(gdb)

s/error/warning/

Since the user is going to need to interact with this, they will get very annoyed with it pretty quick.

Yes, I think users will get annoyed and even scared.  The message is
meant for the port maintainers, not for users.
Another option is, by default, have the message disabled. Only enable it when in say maintainer-mode or while running the testsuite.

This is why I'm also proposing another command for gaging it :-)

But that won't help, since most users will wtill see the message
until they gag it.

I like Kevin's suggestion better.
My intent was for the message to only appear once.

enjoy,
Andrew