Re: Issue an internal warning on first deprecated function call

> My intent is for it to use ``internal-warning'' which means it will look
> something like this:

It can stil be a large banner :)

> (gdb) maint internal-error
> /home/scratch/GDB/src/gdb/maint.c:121: gdb-internal-error: internal
> maintenance
> An internal GDB error was detected.  This may make further
> debugging unreliable.  Quit this debugging session? (y or n) n
> Create a core file containing the current state of GDB? (y or n) n
> (gdb)
> s/error/warning/

Would it be better if the message was more explanatory?
'internal maintenance - deprecated [multi-arch] function call'

I have this feeling that we will want to make this message as clear
as possible. We want to say "Hey you! Wakeup! Fix it or lose it!"

> Since the user is going to need to interact with this, they will get
> very annoyed with it pretty quick.  This is why I'm also proposing
> another command for gaging it :-)

Or submit to the pain and torture that users will inflict on the
mailing list ;)

> I think ``internal-warning'' is correct since there is a very very good
> chance that the deprecated interface will have been [unintentionally]
> broken by the introduction of the new mechanisms.

*nods*

c.