Agilent E5900B Emulation Probe

Is there any support for the Agilent E5900B Emulation Probe in GDB?  I
haven't found any definitive info on the web or in the GDB source code
either way.  If there isn't any support, I would be willing to take a
crack at adding it but I'd probably need some help from some GDB gurus.
This probe has both serial and ethernet ports.  Both ports support
interactive commands (ethernet port via telnet).  Is it perhaps just a
matter of adapting GDB commands to and from E5900B commands?

I see that there is support for a Hitachi E7000 ICE in
gdb/remote-e7000.c which looks sorta similar in that it supports a TCP
connection.  Might this be a good starting point?

Ron McCall